Owner, Founder and CEO of The Benson Mills Group
Terri R. Waller
Terri is not afraid to get her hands dirty - both figuratively and literally. Leading an award-winning Food Safety Firm, she is no stranger to unsanitary situations. Waller understands that the most important aspect of her company’s efforts is protecting the community. Operating with a passion she developed as a restaurant manager, she now assists food service professionals in developing safe facilities and educates them on how to be proactive with the development and implementation of food safety programs. Her dedication is only surpassed by her talent and accomplishments.
Experience and Training
With more than 24 years of military and 15 years of combined restaurant management and service experience, Waller brings a wealth of knowledge to The Benson Mills Group. She has proven herself to be a dynamic and amiable executive, having developed the company from its conception to its position as a leader in the food service industry.
Waller is a graduate of Auburn University at Montgomery with a degree in Business Administration as well as a graduate of Troy University with a Master’s degree in Public Administration with a double concentration in Environmental Management and Public Management.
Waller is also a Certified Food Safety Manager, a Certified Food Safety Instructor, and a Certified Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Manager.
Awards & Recognition
- Outstanding Performance Coin from 42nd Mission Support Squadron
- Outstanding Performance Coin from Air University Reserve Forces
- Outstanding Performance Coin from Squadron Officer College
- Outstanding Performance Award for Operations Readiness Inspection from HQ ACC Inspector General
- Superior Performance Award for Unit Compliance Inspection from HQ ACC Inspector General
- First Sergeant Council for Excellence 187th Fighter Wing (3 times)
- Commendation Medal for Exceptional Meritorious & Distinguished Military Service to the State of Alabama
- MillerCoors Urban Entrepreneur Series Business Plan Competition Winner
- Front Cover of Smart Woman Magazine
- Top 25 People of Influence by UpScale Magazine
- Boots on the Ground in Food Safety- Quick Service Restaurant Magazine